Saturday, September 28, 2013

LEANN'S REVIEW: Silver Borne (Patricia Briggs) Mercy Thompson #5

Title: Silver Borne

Author: Patricia Briggs

Series: Mercy Thompson

Format: Hardcover

Published March 30th 2010 by Ace Books

ISBN13: 9780441018192

Source of Copy: Bought at Barnes and Noble

Summary:

Being a mechanic is hard work. Mercy Thompson, for instance, just spent the last couple of months trying to evade the murderous queen of the local vampire seethe. And now the leader of the werewolf pack, who's maybe-more-than-just-a-friend, has asked for her help. A book of fae secrets has come to light and they're all about to find out how implacable - and dangerous - the fae can be.

OK, so maybe her troubles have nothing to do with the job. But she sure could use a holiday...



(Image and information courtesy of 
Goodreads; Summary lifted from actual book)


Review:

I love the cover of these books. This one is no different. What is better is the stories within. Briggs has yet to let me down. I am completely caught up in the characters. Every time I crack the cover of one of the books I leave my small home town and enter the tri-cities.

This might be one of my favorite in the series up to this point. We see a lot more of the pack hierarchy and Mercy's accepts the pack. We also learn more about Adam as a character and of course fall for that character even more. But this story really features our favorite lost werewolf Sam.

There are a few scenes that are completely heart wrenching. While the action held true in this book, we seen more romance and relationship development. I still love Mercy's kick ass character.

This book was a great read and I picture myself revisiting this book again. I was on the edge of my seat and truly cannot wait for the next installment.

Rating:
 
  
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment